Archives for 2023
- Employment Opportunity - Habitat Stewardship Coordinator
Habitat Stewardship Coordinator
Application Deadline: September 5th, 2023
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Start Date: October 2, 2023
Position: Full-time Permanent
Wage: $52,888 - $63,532 (plus benefits)
Nature Saskatchewan (NS) requires an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to develop and deliver our Operation Burrowing Owl (OBO) program. OBO (initiated in 1987) raises awareness about the Burrowing Owl, and engages landowners in conserving and enhancing their habitat through voluntary agreements, educational programming, and landowner workshops. Field work and travel are involved, primarily from May through August. The coordinator will work under the supervision of the Species at Risk Manager and closely with other Nature Saskatchewan Habitat Stewardship Coordinators, and together with other agencies involved in complementary and related activities (e.g., serving on committees).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver program activities; work with other agencies with shared goals.
- Hire, train, and supervise summer field staff.
- Respond to Burrowing Owl sightings; search for new occurrences; visit landowners to verify occurrences of target species; invite landowners with Burrowing Owls to participate in our Stewards of Saskatchewan programs.
- Promote stewardship through printed materials, newsletter articles, displays, presentations, media releases, and stewardship workshops.
- Maintain accurate records of landowner and species occurrence information.
- Prepare funding proposals (including budgets) and reports regarding these programs.
- Post-secondary degree in biology, agriculture, natural resource management or other related environmental studies. Experience in stewardship and/or wildlife work is an asset.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, organizational skills, resourcefulness, and ability to plan project work.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to work flexible hours at times.
Please email a resume and cover letter in one pdf to Rebecca Magnus at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line “OBO Coordinator” and your name.
Nature Saskatchewan is a conservation and cultural organization that promotes the appreciation and understanding of our natural environment through education, conservation and research.